The AOI is a membership organisation that represents the professional interests of the vast majority of optometrists in Ireland. Any optometrist who is accepted onto the statutory register is eligible for membership.
VIEW OUR MEMBERSHIP BOOKLET
The principal functions of the Association are as follows:
- Looking after members interests by constantly monitoring developments in the profession and the professional environment and responding as appropriate.
- Representing the voice of the profession to third parties – Government, industry, public, other professions etc.
- Negotiating on behalf of the profession to enhance its role in healthcare.
- Conducting research and planning future activities to keep the profession at the front of international developments.
- Encouraging high standards of service in the profession.
- Providing and facilitating a wide range of Continuing Professional Development.
- Providing other member services including providing news, information and the website.